KFYO

KFYO

Postby focus » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:47 pm

I have to say 'good bye' to 790AM, KFYO Radio in the mornings......good gravy. Who out there has heard Chad Hasty, solo, between 6am and 7am. I won't listen to his shows on the weekends any longer either...1340 Sports or 550 Mid/Od trump 790. For the love of green horses where is his grasp of maturity? Rex Andrew, rescue him. The Ag Reports can't even save him! I got scared away from my walls when I heard the voice of 'Arial' for the first time. Sweety tells me she is a Japanese computer generated voice, loud and grating... So Long KFYO 6-7am weekdays. Love the rest of the day with you.
focus

Re: KFYO

Postby ROGER SETTLER » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:19 am

CHAD HASTY and REX ANDREW have contributed greatly to the poisonous political atmosphere in Lubbock that their ilk has created, epitomized by the sleazy ROBERT PRATT. PAUL BEANE has helped either. Thes people should be driven from the airways, just as RUSH LIMBAUGH and MICHAEL SAVAGE should be driven from the national airways. The brainwashing and propaganda promoted by these minions and lackeys greedy Corporations have deceived many Americans into supporting the forces that have destroyed this country, and made us virtual slaves of Communist China. A pox on them! :D
"I have seen their ways too often for my liking." - Jefferson Airplane 8-)
ROGER SETTLER

Postby recycle » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:47 am

I saw some greyhaired doofus informing Cole Shooter that "those people are gone,what comes around goes around". It was unclear who those people actually were but it sounded like KFYO had a personel shake-up. KFYO has a real credibility problem since they air Beane,Pratt,Hasty and other bozos like Rex Andrew,known "right-to-lifer",wanting to go back to abortion prohibition era. Talk Radio should be called "Moron Radio".
recycle

Postby JacobStern » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:12 am

Back in the 60s as a kid without a TV, I'd listen to Billy Hargis and Joe Pyne and later in the 70s to Mac McAllister and to -- what was his name, the radio personality for whom the building at Lbk Lake Site was named for.

As an adult, I hardly ever have to listen to anything I don't want to, and my tastes have changed. On long drives in a car with only an AM radio, I'd either find classic rock or newer R&R or turn the thing off. No religious programming, no talk radio unless it was about car repair or real estate investing, or news; I was okay with Paul Harvey despite some differences.

It's worth thinking about: What kind of person wants to hear talk about politics or abortion on the radio? Is it those who have not made up their mind and want information? Is it those who disagree but are keeping an open mind to being persuaded otherwise?

The answer is close to a 100% NO!

It's like the religious stuff. Those who listen are already believers. Anyone else either does not comprehend or is bored to death or is worried about their blood pressure.

So the question then becomes WHY? WHY do people who have a set of beliefs like to listen to the talk of others who hold similar beliefs? Doesn't it bore them?

The answer, I think, is complex. Part of it is that it's satisfying to hear one's beliefs affirmed by another. Part that it gives one a sense of strength, of belonging to a movement instead of being an isolate. Part is that it quells one's inner doubt.

It's much like going to church. You go, hear things that you want to hear and not things that you don't want to hear, you feel your family, friends and neighbors around you, and feel that you are part of a bigger whole, a cog in a vast machine that will move on forever. It's like wrapping yourself in a warm soft blanket that keeps out all the cold and bright light and troubling dissonance.

Probably one listening to things they find agreeable show different brain waves, a more tranquil relaxed satori like state. Endorphin release that is addictive.

Next questions are -- don't the same rules apply to liberals? Why isn't there more liberal talk radio?

Well, yeah, the same rules apply. But sponsors see less money being spent by liberals. Conservatives with money spend a LOT on conservative causes, from pricy seminars on how to hoard buy and gold to investment scams to religious fundraisers. Those with money are more often than not conservative. So the radio shows follow the bucks.

Now: is it healthy to listen to someone reiterating what you already believe ad infinitum? I don't think so. It's a kind of chimping or self-inflicted brain-washing. In no wise does it make for a better voter or more informed citizen.
Take America Back from the Republicans
JacobStern

Postby JacobStern » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:06 am

Anybody want to do a paper for psych class? Get volunteers, assess their political and religious preferences by objective Q-Sort tests, then hook them up to an electoencephalograph and play different kinds of recorded radio programs to them. See what the correlations are with brain waves.

For med school paper? How do you test for endorphin levels? Correlate that with the above.
JacobStern

Postby focus » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:35 pm

Good gravy, folk! Focus on my words and my message! I have great respect for Chad Hasty, Rex Andrew, etc....I consider them marvelous human beings and true professionals worthy of their positions. I simply voted with my radio dial what I prefer to experience. No one should lose their job or even be reassigned. I believe that the most intelligent radio host is 'The Great One' Mark Levin followed by Rush Limbaugh, Neal Bortz, Bill Cunningham, Shawn Hannity, and several others. Rex Andrew has got to be the finest radio talent in this region, hands down.
I too grew up in the '50s and 60's where nothing but AM radio was available. I prefer to listen to ball games and hockey animated through the radio even when I am in attendance at the arena. Radio promotes an active imagination; the messages I have witnessed being voiced have been inspiring and well remembered. The left thinkers can not keep up.
focus

Postby JacobStern » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:56 pm

"'The Great One' Mark Levin followed by Rush Limbaugh, Neal Bortz, Bill Cunningham, Shawn Hannity, and several others. Rex Andrew has got to be the finest radio talent in this region, hands down....the messages I have witnessed being voiced have been inspiring and well remembered. The left thinkers can not keep up."

Good gravy, Mr. Focus! You need deprogramming fast! Get thee to a doctor, vite!
JacobStern

Postby PamAnn » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:11 pm

It's all about the market. Most people who listen to talk radio are people with too much time on their hands....old and angry white men. All of us liberals are out working, raising children, taking classes to get an advanced degree, etc. Thats why you have the ten to one ratio of right wing radio shows versus progressive talk. We have Sirius/XM in both vehicles, yet never find the time to listen to talk radio. Why would I want to listen to a bloated, drug addled, and impotent Rush Limbaugh during drive time when I can listen to music of my choice without blathering commercials every two minutes?
PamAnn

Postby recycle » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:39 am

I consider "talk radio" moron programming.Pratt,Klein,Hasty,950AM,need I say more.
recycle

Postby swworker » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:00 pm

Wow. Sounds like some liberals don't believe in free speech.
I guess my M.Ed. is not worth anything because I'm not liberal? Could have saved time and money had I known only liberals can work to get that advanced degree.
Live, laugh, love...no regrets.
swworker

Next

Return to Lubbock & Texas News